Installation & Warranties
Anderson Tuftex not only builds more durable floors, but we can also offer comprehensive warranties. Our no-wax, factory-applied finish makes hardwood floor installations fast and easy. Every plank is ready to install right out of the carton. There is no need for sanding or staining. With our UV-cured finish, you gain the assurance of superior durability and wearability. Additionally, Anderson Tuftex products feature easy installation with the patented Eagle Tongue and Groove system on 1/2-inch products.
Every Anderson Tuftex engineered hardwood floor is manufactured using our exclusive Cross-Locked Engineered® process. This process permanently locks the plies together to deliver more dimensional stability and split resistance than ordinary solid oak lumber. These products enjoy the Anderson Tutftex Limited Lifetime Residential Structural Warranty. All mill-run engineered products have a limited 15-year warranty and feature the Anderson Tuftex Limited Residential Finish Warranty. All 3/4-inch solid plank and strip products have a limited 20-year warranty.
Our downloadable product installation guides are listed below by both type (Engineered or Solid) in English, French or Spanish.
Need Installation Guides PDFs
How to Clean Hardwood Floors & Maintenance
Remember, like any floor covering, our factory finished wood floors will show signs of wear over time, depending on the size and lifestyle of your family. By observing a few precautions and setting up a regular cleaning routine and maintenance program, you can expect years of beauty from your Anderson floor. The following are examples of the reasonable and necessary maintenance you are expected to perform. They are not intended to be an exclusive list.
- Sweep or vacuum regularly since built-up grit can damage the surface of the wood. The vacuum head must be a brush or felt type. Be certain the wheels of the vacuum are clean and do not damage the finish. Do not use a vacuum with a beater bar head.
- Remove spills promptly using a soft cloth and cleaning products recommended by Anderson.
- Never wet-mop, damp-mop, or clean your floor with water or other products. This can severely damage the flooring and will void the warranties. Do not use hardwood floor cleaning machines or steam cleaners. See section on Improper Maintenance.
- Use Shaw R2X Hardwood floor cleaner with a terry cloth mop. Always vacuum the floors prior to using cleaner. Do not allow excess cleaner to remain on the floors surface as this may permanently damage the wood fiber.
- Important: Do not use oil soaps, liquid or paste wax products or other household cleaners that contain citrus oils, lemon oil, tung oil, silicon, or ammonia since these warranties do not cover damage caused by non recommended products. Use of these and other such products will harm the long-term performance of your floor and may also affect its recoat ability.
- Do not use 2 in 1 cleaners with polish that may contain acrylics or urethane polish to restore gloss – the use of these products will void the finish warranty and may produce unsatisfactory results when not applied properly.
- Keep pets’ nails trimmed, and paws clean and free of dirt, gravel, grease, oil, and stains.
- Place protective felt pads beneath furniture legs and feet to reduce scratches and dents. Replace pads as needed.
- Use a dolly and protective sheets of plywood when moving heavy objects, furniture, or appliances.
- Make certain furniture casters are clean and operate properly (a minimum 1” wide vinyl surface where it comes in contact with wood is recommended). Clean wheels periodically to remove dirt and debris.
- Remove shoes with spiked or damaged heels before walking on floor.
- Exposure to the sun and its UV rays accelerates the oxidation and aging of wood. This can cause the stain and/or wood to fade and/or to change color. We recommend that you rearrange rugs and furniture periodically so the floor ages evenly. Exotic species such as Brazilian Cherry are more susceptible to color change during the aging process. These warranties do not cover damage from the sun and its UV rays.
- Use area rugs in high traffic areas and pivot points (e.g., stair landings, room entries, etc.), especially if you have a large family or indoor pets.
- Maintain the proper Relative Humidity in your home between 35% - 55%.